Warning: include_once(/home/yotangy/puppetkaos.com/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-support/wordpress-support.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/yotangy/puppetkaos.com/wp-settings.php on line 267

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/home/yotangy/puppetkaos.com/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-support/wordpress-support.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/yotangy/puppetkaos.com/wp-settings.php on line 267
Episode 11 – The Truth Behind Halloween « Puppet Kaos - where Kelvin Kao plays with puppets and tell random stories

Episode 11 – The Truth Behind Halloween

Episode 11 is here! This week, Mac and Cheese and Bottle Monster investigate why people go trick-or-treating for candy on Halloween on Puppet Kaos’ own newsmagazine 50/50. Do ghosts even like candy? Don’t vampires want blood instead? Does this tradition even make any sense? Let Puppet Kaos tell you the truth behind Halloween!

If you can’t see the embedded video,
Click here to watch it on YouTube.
Or download Quicktime movies here:
m4v format (80MB)
mov format (31MB)

The music is News Sting by Kevin MacLeod. It’s licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0.

And this video used lots of graphics generously licensed by their original authors through Creative Commons licenses. There are so many that they deserve their own table:

Graphic Usage Author License

colourscapebg3.jpg
50/50 background Jonny Baker CC Attribution-Noncommercial 2.0 Generic

My First Jack-o’-Lantern With Ian
Truth Behind Halloween title picture Tze-Her Su CC Attribution 2.0 Generic

Machampane Wilderness Camp
Moostifer walking background 1 Ralph Pina CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 Generic

San Gorgonio Wilderness
Moostifer walking background 2 Randy McEoin CC Attribution 2.0 Generic

desert view
Bobby walking background 2 Jon Sullivan CC Attribution-Noncommercial 2.0 Generic

A Picture Share!
Loose tooth picture Jenny Levine CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 Generic

At the Dentist
Dentist picture Seth Werkheiser CC Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic

#4 – The Tooth Fairy
Tooth fairy picture Kaptain Kobold CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 Generic

I just got my new green screen from my friend Fiona, because my apartment-mate lost the mailbox key so I had to mail the greenscreen to a friend who lives nearby when I ordered it. Thanks, Fiona. I’ve been using the new greenscreen backdrop in this episode. I’m still getting used to it. Some of the focus and lighting conditions were not ideal since I’m still experimenting, but it does give me more freedom simply because it’s bigger than my good old green piece of paper.

Creative Commons License

Comments

1. Beckie
    October 31st, 2007 | 11:50 pm

is the white puppet, the candymaker, a new puppet?

2. November 1st, 2007 | 12:18 am

It’s not white. It’s yellow (okay, white-ish yellow). It’s made around the same time as the others (see here) but I’ve never had a use for it. Besides, the color and design looked too similar to Mac and Cheese so I didn’t want to bring him out until the other characters are already introduced and established. I do not have a part designed for him. I am tentatively calling him “Et Cetera” and he would be that extra puppet that’s a different character in every appearance.

3. November 7th, 2007 | 7:33 am

You say that halloween has no religious meaning but that isn’t correct. Google it, it’s is actually “All Hallows Eve”, the eve before All Hallows Day, which is a Christian ‘holiday’ meaning All Saints Day.

4. November 12th, 2007 | 2:48 am

Oh yeah, that was a fact I was aware of, but chose to ignore cuz I couldn’t work into the story. Thanks for pointing that out. I certainly hope nobody tries to learn about history from my videos.

5. Jean Sampson
    July 8th, 2011 | 6:14 pm

Hi, I came over from Sara’s blog and I am loving the videos. You have quite a talent there. I plan to keep watching!

6. July 26th, 2011 | 12:13 am

Thanks, Jean!

7. November 1st, 2011 | 2:09 am

We Filipinos do celebrate Halloween in a different way. This is part of our culture.

pinoy halloween’s last blog post..Filipino Way of Celebrating the All Saints’ Day

8. November 3rd, 2011 | 1:59 am

Interesting indeed!

9. September 20th, 2013 | 1:29 pm

LOL. Since nothing new is up, I decided to check one of your older videos (The Truth Behind Halloween) and it was hysterical. You have to put this on Halloween. I laughed all through it and loved how the tooth fairy ended being responsible. I was fooled. I was sure it was dentist with the gingerbread man in his chair. You are one funny guy.

Have a great weekend. I’ll be back when I need to laugh again.
    Sara recently posted..Write at the Merge 38: Lilly’s Change of LifeMy Profile

10. September 22nd, 2013 | 1:35 am

Haha, thank you. Wow, 2007. That was a while ago. My puppeteering, voiceover, green screen skills were definitely worse than where they are now, but these will always have a special place in my heard. Also it was a lot more long-winded than how I would do it now. Hehe.
    Kelvin Kao recently posted..Marionette Workshop (Advanced): Weeks 1, 2My Profile