Joe the Plumber

Guess who’s all the rage these days? Yep, Joe the Plumber.

For those of you not familiar with Joe the Plumber, he is this guy that questioned presidential candidate Barack Obama about his tax plain. His name was subsequentially brought up numerous times throughout the presidential debate as Obama and John McCain talk about their visions and plans. Under media scrutiny, there are also other facts revealed about him, such as his real name and the fact that he wasn’t a licensed plumber.

Anyway, I was thinking, somebody (let’s not look at me for now) should make a puppet show where Joe the Plumber, Joe Six-Pack, and Hockey Mom would sit down to discuss politics and economy. I think that would be hilarious.

And then I happened to come across this yesterday… not quite what I was picturing but it was amusing nevertheless.

Comments

1. October 20th, 2008 | 6:40 am

Clever with snappy editing and some funny bits… BUT… I am so weary of the seemingly endless parade of puppet videos online with performance technique that’s seriously lacking and staging that’s pretty much non-existent. It makes this stuff almost completely un-watchable for me, inspite of how clever the writing may be.

I hope having high standards doesn’t make me seem elitist. That’s not my intention at all. I just wish they had given the same attention to the puppetry art form here as they gave to the writing.

2. October 20th, 2008 | 8:39 am

It appears that “Joe the Plumber”is getting more attention than Obama, McCain, Biden or Palin. After watching your video, and reading the comments on a post I did last week, I’m beginning to wonder how many wite-in votes he WILL get!

Rita

Rita’s last blog post..Average Children, Mean Parents

3. October 21st, 2008 | 1:44 am

@Paul: I like the long list of random characters, as for the actual puppeteering, it leaves a lot to be desired. The writing is good, the editing is good, and the green/blue screen stuff is pretty clean for a web video. I can watch like 2 minutes of it and be amused by it, but if it was 10 minutes long or so, I would perhaps be annoyed by too much randomness thrown at me.

@Rita: Oh yeah. And actually, Biden is getting no love at all. Media coverage is all Obama, McCain and Palin. After watching the debates, I actually like Biden the best because most of the time, he doesn’t dodge the moderator’s questions. He would give you an answer and he would tell you why Obama-Biden is a better ticket than McCain-Palin. I dig that. As for Joe the Plumber, that’s yet another media phenomenon. Even McCain himself made fun of it during the toast at the Alfred Smith dinner.

4. October 21st, 2008 | 9:01 am

If I had my druthers,I’d like to see a Biden/Obama ticket for four years, followed by a Obama/Biden ticket in 4 years – a novel “shicheroo.” That would give Obama the expereriencw he needs, keep the Democratic ticket stronger, and bring the very strengths of each candidatate to the forefront of a very
    terrifying period of 8 years of disaster where it needs to be – sealed in the past!

Rita

Rita’s last blog post..Average Children, Mean Parents

5. October 21st, 2008 | 2:50 pm

Yeah, you’ve already mentioned that somewhere on your blog. But Obama might be a better presidential candidate because he can generate more attention, and sometimes, a president’s job is to tell people that there’s hope, and he’s good at that. He would not have as much impact in the role of VP.

6. April 30th, 2009 | 7:16 am

I usually donít post in Blogs but your blog forced me to, amazing work really enjoyed my visit lie Arnie would say I’ll be back ( did I really just say that) lol.