And… here’s the new video! I built four new puppets for this project, so together with the old ones, there are 8 total in this video. This is a music video that I made in January to enter the Brad Paisley’s “Start A Band” green screen contest (which I didn’t win, but whatever, enjoy! )
If you can’t see the embedded video, click here to see it on YouTube.
The premise of the contest was that they provided the green screen footages of Brad Paisley singing the song, and you can use the footages in your video any way you like. I was glad that I participated, because I’ve always wanted to try these things:
- make a music video
- purchase and learn to use a sewing machine
- build more new puppets
- build puppets that are humans (as opposed to “monsters” and animals)
- build puppets that have shoulders made out of foam and cloth them
- build puppets with hair made out of yarn
- try out new lighting set-up
- enter a contest
- overlay several different green screen shots
And somehow making this video has all those elements! Of course, that’s also because I consciously attempt to try out a new technique every time I make a new video, but so many of them at once? That hasn’t happened before. So yeah, it was definitely a good experience. And I hope you all have as much fun watching it as I have making it!