Friendster Messages from Quintuplets!

Once upon a time, there was no Facebook. Yep, you heard me right. I was there.

Back then, the only way to connect to each other (as in, having a public page listing all your friends) is to create a Xanga or LiveJournal. Yep, that’s right. People had to create blogs for that. If you wanted to know what the others are doing, you subscribe to their blogs, and you read them.

Everything changed when Friendster came around.

Friendster was amazing. All you had to do was create a profile. You would fill out all these information about yourself. You could add your friends and stay connected wherever you were. And you could post pictures too! Amazing! I signed up for one too.

I no longer use it though, not since Facebook… but today, I got an email saying there was a message for me. I logged in, and holy cow, there were so many messages for me! Man, think about it… all these strangers wanted to be friends with me! I found something bizarre when I looked at the first page though: they all looked the same!

quint

Yep, I got messages from Cecilia, Grace, Shelia, Pansy, and Ofelia. They all looked the same! They had the same face, and they all had the same facial expression and pose when they had their profile pictures taken from the same angle. I did not know quintuplets could be so similar! I read their profiles some more, and apparently they all had the same qualities. All five of them were kind, warm, nonjudgmental, fun, attractive, free spirited woman lol. They all loved to be outdoors, enjoying the sun, listening to the birds and smelling the fresh air. And apparently, all five of them were always open to new experiences and adventure, whether it’s as quiet as a sunset or as wild as I please. Can you believe it?

Oh, and they all wanted me to visit this website. I loved it when people shared interesting links with me.

And then I looked at their pictures. They were all beautiful (but not in their own ways) and they all had huge boobs (so that’s ten boobs, for you mathematically challenged). I thought about it. Yeah, I guess I could handle twins, or triplets, but quintuplets? That’s simply too many! I am going to get so confused and I don’t like confusion!

I hit delete.

Comments

1. RubiaLala
    August 7th, 2009 | 7:11 am

YES! I love this, totally hilarious.

2. August 7th, 2009 | 7:28 pm

Sounds like you almost had your very own harem!

Melissa Donovan’s last blog post..What’s the Difference Between Proofreading and Editing?

3. August 7th, 2009 | 9:55 pm

@Rubialala: I am glad I wrote it. I was actually going to just upload the picture and write one line and be done with it, but did this instead because Twitpic was down.

@Melissa: Don’t worry. I am sure there will be other opportunities.

4. August 8th, 2009 | 5:29 pm

I’m telling you Kelvin, it pays to be the Puppet Master!

5. August 9th, 2009 | 1:12 am

Yes… The invisible hand controls all! Mwahaha.

6. August 9th, 2009 | 8:47 pm

Friendster can be so scary with all those perverts just send you messages and such, I deleted mine. LOL

Andhari’s last blog post..Sunday Lovelist #16

7. August 10th, 2009 | 9:05 pm

Bots run rampant on the internet these days, I love it. Every time I log into my myspace (which is about once every 6 months since facebook became what it is,) I have all these request from bots who want to show me their “hot pix”. Same with twitter. I never had a friendster, but I bet its the same where ever you go on the interwebz.

8. August 11th, 2009 | 12:27 am

@Andhari: I don’t really use mine now. It was cool but it didn’t last too long cuz Facebook is available pretty soon after that.

@Stacie: I actually got one more after I posted this! This time her name is Tiana. Yeah, myspace is full of junk too. You get bots and Tom (who is very possibly a bot himself) sending you stuff. I actually don’t get those “hot pix” things on Twitter that much, but I do get a lot of “internet entrepreneur / happy dad / social media guru / making money online expert” randomly following me. Whatever becomes popular with people becomes popular with spammers.

9. August 12th, 2009 | 12:41 pm

Hehe there are plenty of these on Twitter too.

Vered – Blogger for Hire’s last blog post..Sin City Pictures

10. August 14th, 2009 | 12:02 am

Yep, like what I just said, whatever becomes popular with people becomes popular with spammers. Spam, spam, spam, spam, lovely spam!

11. August 14th, 2009 | 3:08 am

RYC: I don’t THINK I sleep walk, but who knows. I live alone :(

I think we should try to get bots who list their occupations as “poo flingers” to be popular spam bots.

I’ve never understood why people get so upset about spam bots following them on twitter. Just dont follow them back, they go away after a couple of days.

Tom IS a bot… Created by Mark Zucker. (or whatever that facebook guys name is)

12. August 18th, 2009 | 12:37 am

For a bot, Tom isn’t very well-designed.

13. August 18th, 2009 | 8:33 am

What? There was no FACEBOOK? WHEN?!?!

Sarah Bray’s last blog post..How to know your site needs a re-design: The 5 rules

14. August 18th, 2009 | 3:34 pm

Oh come on, you were there. Hehe.

15. August 28th, 2009 | 8:22 pm

oh i know what you mean. I get similar messages in my friendster account. it is really so annoying. grrr…

chinkygirlmel’s last blog post..Monster Kids

16. August 30th, 2009 | 1:30 am

Yeah, it can be quite annoying having so many things to delete…