When a Gnome Meets a Wizard

A gnome meets a wizard. The rest is history. (History repeats itself at 135 beats per minute.)

An old one from April 2006… again, drawn in Microsoft Paint. Oh, how I love Microsoft Paint. I don’t remember why I drew this one. I think I was just amused by the idea.

Comments

1. March 1st, 2010 | 9:14 am

OH.
    My.
    Gawd!
    <3 it! I laughed so hard!!

Stacie’s last blog post..BILF: Bloggers I’d like to…

2. March 1st, 2010 | 10:23 am

That was very funny!

Now you’ll have to keep digging for more of these you made in the past :)

Alien Ghost’s last blog post..Earthquake in Chile

3. March 2nd, 2010 | 1:13 am

I didn’t draw that many to begin with. I guess it’s time to draw new ones. :-)

4. March 2nd, 2010 | 2:38 pm

Bwahaha! That’s so funny Kelvin. I totally blurted out laughing. Metronome *shakes head* — so clever. Musicians will love this one.

Melissa Donovan’s last blog post..March News and Announcements

5. March 3rd, 2010 | 5:19 pm

I cant imagine how you did this on Microsoft Paint. I tried many time to draw in this but it is very unyielding. :-)

Walter’s last blog post..Moments of silence

6. March 4th, 2010 | 4:18 am

Melissa, this is the advantage of being a non-native speaker of English. Sometimes words are snapped in half in my mind when it’s not supposed to, and hilarity ensues. 😀

Walter, here are the tricks:
    1. Use the brush tool, and never the pencil. The pencil produces a thin line and this usually doesn’t look good because it’s hard to draw smooth lines. Brush tool, on the other hand, makes things look more smooth.
    2. Always zoom in before you draw. Imagine drawing a complicated diagram on a piece of post-it and on poster paper. Which one is easier? It’s the same when it comes to drawing on a computer. When you zoom in, the pixels become bigger. So the same amount of wrist movement translates to fewer pixels. This gives you more fine control.
    3. And of course, practice! (This only works when you are someone that has nothing better to do though. 😉 )

7. March 4th, 2010 | 4:46 pm

Love it! And especially the insight from your comment above that being a non-native English speaker influences how you twist words in your head!

Amber’s last blog post..3.5 Year Old Photography

8. March 5th, 2010 | 1:31 am

Oh, my head works in very strange ways sometimes. Thanks for stopping by! :-)

9. Kim
    March 12th, 2010 | 12:40 pm

Hey There! We are in the fish bowl e-course together with Marisa. I wanted to pop in and check out your site. I love it here. Good creative vibes going on! I look forward to being in class with you! Kim

Kim’s last blog post..Frederic Remington Art Lesson

10. March 17th, 2010 | 2:09 pm

Hi Kim! Thanks for dropping by! I am definitely going to start visiting everyone’s site when this really hectic week is over. I like the drawings on your site, very colorful. Definitely caught my eye. :-)

March 29th, 2010 | 2:00 am

Oh! That’s so terrible – in a good way :)

12. March 29th, 2010 | 5:36 am

And I am a terrible person in a good way. :-)