How to Bark at a Dog

Today, I came across an article called Dealing With Aggressive Dogs: Make Your Bark Worse than Your Bike. It was written by a cyclist who had tried different ways of dealing with dogs and eventually realized that barking worked well as well. Many people agreed with him in the comments section about the wonders of barking. The article went into the proper way of doing it, what words to use, what mental picture and emotions to conjure up. It was a good guide, if you ever need to know how to bark.

This, of course, reminded me of a post I wrote last year titled Barked at a Dog Today, written after barking at a dog to scare it away. Apparently, I didn’t need any lessons. It came naturally. I already intuitively knew how to bark at a dog effectively.

Nice talent to have, huh? :-)

Comments

1. October 31st, 2011 | 11:13 am

You come up with the funniest stuff. I read the article and it makes sense. I’ve even done something like that. I was confronted by an agressive dog at the beach. He kept barking at me and getting closer. Having had dogs all my life, I don’t put up with much guff from them. I screamed “Stop” at him and walked forward with my finger pointing, like an obnoxious teacher:~) He stopped, stared at me and ran away. Of course, everyone nearby also stopped and stared at me. It was like I was being a meany to the dog.

It sounds like you used the “bark” technique yourself. It is a nice talent to have. Go YOU:~)

Are you going to put any puppet videos anytime soon? I miss them, but I know your job keeps you very busy.

Sara’s last blog post..Story Photo: The Witness

2. October 31st, 2011 | 2:35 pm

I kept telling myself that I would make more videos after I clean my room, but unfortunately, that never happened. Hehe. A few friends and I are making puppets and brainstorming stuff though. There is definitely something happening in the next few months and we are looking forward to it. :-)

3. October 31st, 2011 | 6:55 pm

My teaching experience has given me the tools I need to scare the crap out of any dog or human. I’ve never tried barking, though!

4. November 1st, 2011 | 7:45 pm

Wow, you really do learn best by teaching. 😀

5. November 15th, 2011 | 8:53 am

I tried barking after reading this article.

Probably doesn’t work if a girl tries it huh? I sound like a mice.

andhari’s last blog post..Ready to Rumble

6. November 17th, 2011 | 3:57 am

Do your best Pit Bull impression. 😉

7. November 18th, 2011 | 8:03 am

Hey, Puppet Master who fights for the good side….You have received an award:~)

Stop by my site and pick it up when you can. This blogging award is a bit different than the usual “mememe” awards. I found it very challenging and, knowing you like challenges, just had to send your way. In addition, it is well-deserved.

Sara’s last blog post..The 7 x 7 Link Award

8. November 20th, 2011 | 3:17 am

Hi Sara, thanks for the award. :)