Looking Back At 2012

Looking back at 2012, there were actually quite a few things I did when it comes to this puppeteering and performing thing. I also attended various shows and workshops. Here are some highlights.

January
February
April
puppet_jukebox_2

Puppet Jukebox II
Reunited with the cast for an one night only performance of the show we did months ago.
kelvin_on_KTLA

Went on TV
Was in the background as an alumnus while Puppet School was interviewed.
jay_wedding_performance

Jay’s Wedding Reception
Performed “Life’s a Happy Song” at a good friend’s wedding reception.
April
June
July
jay_wedding_video

Jay’s Wedding Reception Videos
Also helped him with finger puppet videos. My first experience in HD!
war_horse

War Horse
Saw some amazing horse puppets, followed by a cast Q&A as well.
Avenue_Q

Avenue Q
Seen the show before, but went to see it again since two friends are involved with this production.
July
July
August
tony_urbano

Marionette Workshop
Took a workshop taught by master puppeteer Tony Urbano!
Exit

Exit
Puppeteered for a music video for an independent artist. No idea when the finished product would be done.
broadway_puppet

I’m A Broadway Puppet
Saw a Puppet School production. Saw old friends and met new ones. Both people that went with me signed up for class.
October
October
November
poor_pussy

Poor Pussy
Was the translator, an extra, and also production assistant in a Columbia thesis film.
call_me_maybe

Call Me Maybe parody
Puppeteered in a video for a high school theater patron program.
michael_earl_benefit_movie_parody

Michael Earl Benefit
Wrote and performed movie parody with puppets for the show.
December
December
December
being_doug_puppeteering

Being Doug
Puppeteered for a Chapman thesis film, including from under the bed.
puppet_caroling

Puppet Caroling
Sang Christmas songs with puppets at a senior home.
Jingle_Bells

Jingle Bells
Made a Christmas video. Very happy with the final product.

Don’t know what lies ahead for 2013, but one thing is for sure: more videos! :-D

Comments

1. January 3rd, 2013 | 12:08 pm

What a cool way to celebrate your new year on your blog. Videos are the new family pictures:~) Given yours, you had a very busy 2012. I hope 2013 brings you even more opportunities to share your creative talent and joy of life with those of us who have discovered your wonderful blog.

Happy new year, Kelvin.

p.s. I liked the “Happy “NEW” Mayan Calendar!

2. January 3rd, 2013 | 1:02 pm

Looking back at the year, it definitely was packed with various things. Who knows what’s next?

Happy new year, Sara. And thank you for your continual support. :-)
    Kelvin Kao recently posted..Looking Back At 2012My Profile

3. January 12th, 2013 | 1:40 pm

Beautiful job with this post! I love how it illustrates what a fun and rich life you have along with your talent. :-)

4. January 13th, 2013 | 10:34 pm

Took me a while to compile everything but it certain looked like an awesome year when it comes to the creative side!
    Kelvin Kao recently posted..Looking Back At 2012My Profile

5. January 19th, 2013 | 9:21 am

Looks like you definitely indulged your passion during 2012 and I’m looking forward to seeing more of it during 2013. This definitely inspires me to “put my work out there” more than I’ve done in the past.
    Chris Edgar recently posted..Choose My Next MusicalMy Profile

6. January 20th, 2013 | 2:16 am

Thanks, Chris. This definitely makes me want to keep it going in 2013!
    Kelvin Kao recently posted..Looking Back At 2012My Profile

7. January 26th, 2013 | 2:44 pm

Long time! I can see you have been really busy in 2012! All I can say is Congratulations in all your accomplishments and hope 2013 will be even better!

Hugs

Alien Ghost recently posted..Unconscious WritingMy Profile

8. January 26th, 2013 | 4:31 pm

Good to see you around, Raul. Like I said in the email, you got to fix your comment form so we can comment again!
    Kelvin Kao recently posted..Looking Back At 2012My Profile